Accessing Autism & Behavioural Services

Autism & Behavioural Services (ABS) at TVCC are provided in alignment with the mandate of the Ontario Autism Program (OAP).  

The OAP is funded through the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS).  All information about this government program and how to register is located at: 

Who is eligible for the OAP?

Children and youth:

  • under the age of 18
  • currently living in Ontario, and
  • with a written diagnosis of autism from a qualified professional

If your child or youth is not yet diagnosed with autism

To obtain a diagnostic assessment for your child or youth, you can do one of two things:

1.    Complete a referral for the ASD Diagnostic Hub – West Region

Children and youth may be referred for a free diagnostic assessment at the West Region Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Diagnostic Hub, registration is processed at McMaster Children’s Hospital/Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre

  • 905-521-2100 ext 78222
  • DPR-intake [at] (DPR-intake[at]hhsc[dot]ca)
  • Visit the ASD Diagnostic HUB webpage, and scroll down to Referral Process to find the form you need to complete and have signed by your doctor.


2.    Visit a qualified professional

Qualified professionals who have undergone specific training and include, but are not limited to:

  • doctors, such as family physicians, pediatricians, developmental pediatricians and psychiatrists
  • psychologists and psychological associates
  • nurse practitioners

If your child or youth is diagnosed with Autism

Step 1: Register your child/youth with the OAP 

We encourage all families of children and youth who have a written, confirmed diagnosis of autism or ASD, to register with the government of Ontario’s OAP. There are many services and supports across the province that you can access once your child/youth is registered.

If you are new to autism services, contact AccessOAP:

  • 833-425-2445
  • info [at] (info[at]AccessOAP[dot]ca)

Speak with a Care Coordinator if you need help, or have questions about:

  • How to create an AccessOAP account, or register for the OAP
  • General questions about the OAP
  • Which programs and services are available for your family
  • How to find a service provider in your local area


If your child has received autism services in the past, contact Central Resource Team:

Families of children/youth who registered for the OAP prior to the launch of AccessOAP (fall of 2022) will receive an invitation from MCCSS to create an AccessOAP account. 

Speak with the MCCSS Central Resource Team if you have:

  • Not received an invitation or
  • Questions about Interim One Time Funding or Childhood Budget
  • 888-444-4530
  • oap [at] (oap[at]ontario[dot]ca)

Step 2: Register for Autism & Behavioural Services (ABS) at TVCC

ABS at TVCC provides the highest quality treatment, education and support to children and youth with autism and their families. Our services are eligible for purchase using OAP funding. 

To register, complete the online intake form or speak with a TVCC Intake Coordinator:

For information about ABS at TVCC contact our Autism Family Liaison:

  • 519-953-5661
  • abs [at] (abs[at]tvcc[dot]on[dot]ca)

A Simplified First Step... Reach out to us today!

Foundational Family Services 

ABS at TVCC provides Foundational Family Services (FFS) to all parents and caregivers of children and youth registered in the OAP.  Many of our educational events, resources and consultations can be accessed at any time (even before you have fully completed the OAP registration).  

Our team of Family & Community Consultants are available to answer your questions about: 

  • Autism and autism related services
  • Common behaviour challenges and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
  • ABS at TVCC 
  • the OAP
  • Universal strategies to help you support your child or youth along their journey

Book a free Talk with Me consultation with a Family & Community Consultant to discuss any issue, topic or question you have.

Schedule an appointment online or email FFS [at] (subject: Book%20a%20TWM, body: I%27d%20like%20to%20book%20a%20TWM.) (FFS[at]tvcc[dot]on[dot]ca)

Contacting the Ministry

If you have additional questions, suggestions or concerns about the OAP itself, you can contact the local Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) Program Supervisor, who will listen, answer your questions and/or, bring your concerns forward.

  • Scott Gregory
  • 905-481-4871
  • Scott.Gregory [at] (Scott[dot]Gregory[at]ontario[dot]ca)