Welcome to the SmartStart Hub at TVCC - a clear entry point to services for children and families !
Do you have concerns about your child's development? Are you unsure where to go or whom to contact?
As a SmartStart Hub, we offer you a welcoming and supported entry into child development services. We will link you to the right people and service providers to ensure timely, high-quality care for your child and family.
SmartStart Hubs can save you time and stress by making the connections to services for you. The SmartStart Hub team works closely with organizations across the region, so you only need to tell your story once.
What if I know the service that I want at TVCC ?
If you know what services are needed, you can refer directly using our online referral form.
To help us better serve you, here are the links for School Therapy Service or Preschool Speech and Language
What is the function of SmartStart Hubs?
- Clear entry point to services for families with concerns about their child's development (birth to school exit)
- Explore families’ concerns and support them to identify their children’s strengths, goals and functional needs from a holistic perspective
- With your consent, gather information about your child’s strengths, goals and needs so you only have to tell your story once
- Build partnerships with other service providers to ensure seamless and coordinated connections to appropriate further assessments, resources and services at TVCC and in the community
The main areas of development that SmartStart Hubs focus on include:
A child/youth’s ability to:
- Move around
- perform daily activities such as feeding/eating
- understand other people or tell people what they want
- get along with others
- understand how behaviour impacts their ability to participate in activities
Access to SmartStart Hub at TVCC
Children aged 0 – 19, (or up to age 21 if they are in school), living in London/Middlesex, Elgin, Oxford, Huron, Perth, Grey, and Bruce counties may be eligible.
Get connected today by calling an Intake Coordinator at 519.685.8716 (in London calling area) / 1.866.590.8822 ext 58716 (toll free)
fill out the online referral form, check the box “SmartStart Hub Services ” and a team member will follow up with you.
What to Expect
We recognize that each family’s life and experience is unique, and that families are experts on the abilities and needs of their child or youth. We focus on the strengths of your child or youth and family in a friendly, supportive and culturally safe environment.
Once our intake team receives a referral, we will contact you to acknowledge receipt of referral and book a telephone call with the family and the team member. The call will explore strengths and needs and if appropriate, we will help connect you to assessments, services and resources at TVCC and in the community, if needed.
For more Information
Or if you have any questions, please contact an Intake Coordinator at 519.685.8716 (in London calling area) / 1.866.590.8822 ext 58716 (toll free)