We are currently recruiting for two (2) regular, full-time (37.5 hours per week) Speech-Language Pathologists to provide services in Autism & Behavioural Services. The designated office for this position will be London. The successful candidate will provide in-person and virtual services in Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, Huron, Perth, Grey and Bruce counties., This position is expected to begin as soon as possible.
Within the new Ontario Autism Program and as part of Core Clinical Services, TVCC offers an integrated service for families which includes Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and Behavioural Services. These positions will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to develop programs for clients. The successful candidates must be available for occasional work in early mornings, evenings and on Saturdays.
- Provide screenings, assessment, consultation and intervention across the scope of SLP practice including: speech and language development, augmentative and alternative communication, feeding and swallowing, saliva management, fluency, dysarthria etc.
- Provide virtual and in-person individual and group treatment at TVCC locations, in community centres and occasionally in client homes for children and youth with autism ranging in age from two years old to school exit
- As part of an integrated team, contribute to the client’s curriculum development and programming; and deliver services to children and youth with ASD, including attending meetings with families, educators and involved community service providers
- Participate in staff, team and program meetings and share knowledge of profession and scope of practice
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Individual Authorizer for Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices is an asset
- Clinical experience working with a diverse child and youth population
- Strong collaborative practice with experience working closely with Behavioural services and other disciplines
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to quickly establish trusting relationships, and ability to receive and incorporate feedback
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Excellent computer skills; including proficiency in MS Office Suite 2010 package of programs, especially Power Point and Word
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Proficiency in French Language is considered an asset
January 31st, 2022