We are currently recruiting for the following Occupational Therapist positions in School Therapy Services:
- A full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract with designated office for this position will be London. Services will be provided in Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford counties. This position is expected to begin in April 2022 and end in June 2023.
- A part-time (22.5 hours per week) contract with designated office for this position will be Owen Sound. Services will be provided in Grey and Bruce counties. This position is expected to begin as soon as possible and end in June 2022.
These positions are based on the school year and no work is available during school breaks, including July and August.
- Provide school-based intervention that is consultative to an entire classroom/school or individualized for one client and provided in a direct/mediated/consultative approach
- Advise and provide education to school personnel, clients/families and others regarding accessibility, transfers, classroom fine motor skills, sensory skills and self-care activities; including making recommendations for assistance and equipment;
- Prepare and support children and families in the transition to school and throughout school life;
- Plan services as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes the family, other care providers, school board personnel, volunteers, staff from other agencies, and other TVCC staff;
- Occasional work contracted from the Southwest LHIN for in home and private school services. The intervention at the client’s home may on rare occasions be in the evenings or on weekends; scheduled by the therapist in consultation with the family;
- Participate in ongoing program development.
- Supervision of students and support personnel may be required.
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario;
- Experience in pediatrics is preferred;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (ex. Zoom)
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle are required;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Ability to provide services in French would be an asset.