We are currently recruiting for one (1) full time (37.5 hours per week), temporary Occupational Therapist to provide services in Autism & Behavioural Services. The designated office for this position will be London. The successful candidate will provide services to clients living in Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, Huron, Perth, Grey and Bruce counties. Occasional travel within this geographic area may be required. This position is expected to begin as soon as possible and end March 2024.
Within the Ontario Autism Program and as part of Entry to School and Core Clinical Services, TVCC offers an integrated service for families which includes Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and Behavioural Services. This position will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to develop programs for clients.
- Provide screenings, assessment, consultation and intervention across the scope of OT practice including: sensory/regulation, fine and gross motor, daily functional activities (toileting, feeding, dressing), written communication, environmental adaptations, etc.
- Provide virtual and in-person individual and group treatment at TVCC locations, in community centres and occasionally in client homes for children and youth with autism ranging in age from two years old to school exit
- As part of an integrated team, contribute to the client’s curriculum development and programming; and deliver services to children and youth with ASD, including attending meetings with families, educators and involved community service providers
- Participate in staff, team and program meetings and share knowledge of profession and scope of practice
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Individual Authorizer for Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices
- Clinical experience working with a diverse child and youth population
- Strong collaborative practice with experience working closely with Behavioural Services and other disciplines
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to quickly establish trusting relationships, and ability to receive and incorporate feedback
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Excellent computer skills; including proficiency in MS Office Suite 2010 package of programs, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Proficiency in French Language is considered an asset