Volunteer Services at TVCC encourages community individuals and groups to complement and support programs & services offered to clients. Volunteers promote and enhance the quality of life for our clients while encouraging clients to strive towards participation. Volunteers share talents and skills that provide the "extra" in our programs/services.
Volunteers are integral members of the TVCC team. TVCC is committed in supporting "Our Volunteers at their best." Volunteers are provided with training, ongoing support, challenging and rewarding placements, informal and formal recognition of their efforts. We are committed to providing an opportunity for volunteers to grow personally and enhance their skills.
How do we foster our vision of our volunteers at their best...
- We provide comprehensive orientation
- We offer challenging and rewarding opportunities for every volunteer
- We provide on-going training for volunteers
- We offer an open-door policy for questions, concerns and suggestions
- We provide a SAFE and FUN environment for volunteers
We need volunteers who...
- Enjoy working with children
- Are enthusiastic and flexible
- Are willing to complete orientation/training sessions
- Are dependable & punctual
- Are willing to HAVE FUN!!!
We recognize volunteers...
- For their Time and Talents
- For their Commitment
- For their Energy and Enthusiasm
What's in it for you...
- Rewarding & challenging experiences
- Job skills and resume building
- Personal growth
- Safe and fun environment
- Recognition for your efforts
- Experience working with children
- Letters of Reference (after 40 hours)
How Do I Volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Contact Volunteer Services at 685-8700 ext. 53452 or by email at volunteer [at] tvcc.on.ca and request a volunteer information package.
- Complete application and mail to TVCC (ATTN: Volunteer Coordinator)
- Attend an interview with the Coordinator of Volunteer Services
- Fill out a Criminal Reference Check form
- Provide references
- Provide documentation of an updated immunization record and TB test
- Attend an orientation & training session
- Begin volunteer placement
- Have Fun!
* Our volunteer opportunities fluctuate based on client needs and programs.