For families of children and youth with autism who have an Ontario Autism Program Client Information Reference Number.
What to Expect
Autism Mail Club is back!
We have some popular items returning from this past year and many GREAT NEW RESOURCES for you throughout the year to come!
Sign up now to receive resources and tip sheets in the mail. Each topic is designed to help you to support your child or youth with autism.
Select any or all of the resource items you would like to receive (up to 12!). At the end of each month, you will receive a package in the mail with the selected item. If a month has passed, you can sign up for a Talk With Me to learn about the resource you missed.
What's in your monthly package:
- the physical resource (this is an item commonly used to help children and their families be successful in a variety of situations or settings)
- a handout explaining how the item can be used
- an invitation to book a Follow-Up Consult with a Family & Community Consultant (this is an opportunity to talk about how it's going or ask questions about the resource)
Here's what we have coming up:
- September: First Then Board and Visual Schedule - Introducing visual supports
- October: Emotional Regulation - Introducing calming strategies
- November: "Dressing for Winter" Task Strip - Preparing for a change in seasons
- December: Activity Strip - Steps for a new activity
- January: Sleep Routine Tips & Visual - Building better sleep habits
- February: Choice Board - Finding things your child likes
- March: Activity Spinner - Keep moving all through March!
- April: Turn-Taking and Conversation Cue Cards - Increasing social participation
- May: Social Narrative for Outings - Preparing for something new
- June: Play Scripts - Building on play skills
- July: Activity Schedule - How to structure unstructured time
- August: "All About Me" Book Template - A tool for the new school year
This Foundational Family Service is for families of children/youth registered in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP).
You will be asked to confirm your child's registration in the OAP and to provide an OAP Client Information Reference Number if you have received one.
Dates: September 2023 - August 2024; monthly resources
Register to receive items in the mail: https://autismmailclub2023.eventbrite.ca
Registration will remain open while items are available.
For More Information
For more information, or if you have problems registering, please contact FFS [at] tvcc.on.ca (FFS[at]tvcc[dot]on[dot]ca)