For families of children and youth with autism who have an Ontario Autism Program Client Information Reference Number.
What to Expect
Autism Mail Club is now a SUBSCRIPTION OF THE MONTH CLUB!
Select any or all of the resource items you would like to receive. At the end of each month, you will receive a package in the mail with the selected item.
If a month has passed, you can sign up for a Talk With Me to learn about the resource you missed.
What's in your monthly package:
- the resource item
- a handout explaining how it can be used
- an invitation to book a Follow-Up Consult with a Family & Community Consultant (this is an opportunity to talk about how it's going or ask questions about the resource)
Registration will remain open while items are available.
- November 2021: "Dressing for Winter" task strip - Break a skill into small, manageable steps
- December 2021: "My Child has Autism" cards - Autism awareness in the community
- January 2022: "Washing your hands" task strip - Work toward independence
- February 2022: Choice board - Find things your child likes
- March 2022: "Going to the Dentist" social story - Prepare for something new or challenging
- April 2022: Using stickers and tokens - Find motivation and rewards
- May 2022: Countdown strip - Prepare for a change in activities
- June 2022: "Getting a Haircut" social story - Prepare for something new or challenging
- July 2022: Fidget/Transition object - Keep your hands busy
- August 2022: "All About Me" book template - A tool for the new school year
This Foundational Family Service is for families of children/youth registered in the Ontario Autism Program (OAP). Your OAP Client Information Reference Number is required during registration.
Dates: September 2021 - August 2022; monthly resources
For More Information
For more information, or if you have problems registering, please contact FFS [at] tvcc.on.ca