We are so grateful for the continued support and generosity of Forest City Road Races! Having this in-person event for the first time in three and a half years was an incredible success and felt extremely positive, heartwarming, and fun!
A big thank you to everyone who participated, sponsored, donated, volunteered, and cheered! The Race Director, Shauna Versloot, deserves a special thank you for her leadership - without her, this wouldn't have been possible.
Overall details and results
- Almost all of the 2000 spots in the races were filled, with three of the four races selling out!
- Over $40 000 was raised through your online donations for the Thames Valley Children's Centre and the 15 local organizations in FCRR's partner program!
- Thank you to the 253 volunteers who helped ensure the event was successful.
Thank you to the Title Sponsor, Canada Life.
Canada Life has a large team of participants, a water station and many people who volunteer throughout the weekend.
Thank you to the major sponsors!
- Asics Runkeeper, for supporting the Half-Marathon race, providing race shirts, free training programs and registration support. Their team also runs and volunteers with FCRR.
- SoleScience, for supporting the 10K race and being a trusted source for injury prevention, treatment, and informational content.
- M&T Printing Group, for supporting the 5K race and providing all of the FCRR signage - including the medals, race bibs, finish chute, and so much more! Their team also runs and volunteers with FCRR.
- Mcdonald's Canada, for supporting the Kids Fun Run. They also provided thousands of free McMuffin coupons to participants!
- McFarlan Rowlands, for supporting the food tent. Thanks to McFarlan Rowlands, FCRR was able to offer chocolate chunk cookies this year! All leftover food was collected by Project Hope London and donated to those in need in our city. McFarlan Rowlands is one of FCRR's longest sponsors, and their team also runs and volunteers with FCRR.
We also thank the supporting sponsors!
- Bentley Hearing Group sponsored all of the lovely succulents from Heemans that participants could take home. They also had the biggest team in the event.
- Middlesex Dairy Producers sponsored the kid's fun zone and handed out thousands of chocolate milk bottles, towels and bags.
- Corus Entertainment team provided FCRR with marketing for the event and helped create the epic finish chute experience.
- Realtor Neda Beaulac sponsored the VIP tent and inspired her network to participate and volunteer.
- Trios College provided free massages for participants.
- Stretch Health Canada provided free post-race stretching for participants.
- Strik Baldeneli Moniz sponsored the gear check and sound systems through the park.
- Libro Credit Union sponsored the start-line structures and had a fun team of participants.
- Forest City Storage donates a storage unit to FCRR year-round.
Thank you VERY much to all of the sponsors! We appreciate and value you!
We look forward to seeing you in 2023!