We are currently recruiting for a contract, full-time (37.5 hours per week) Therapy Assistant to join the Early Childhood, School Age and Adolescent Program (ECSAAP) team. The designated offices for this position are Strathroy and London. Travel and service delivery within Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford counties is required.
This position is expected to begin as soon as possible and end in November 2023.
- Provide services within Preschool Speech and Language, Infant Hearing Early Childhood Services and Family and Community Services
- Assist with direct/indirect client intervention (individual and group) across ECSAAP services;
- Assist with a variety of client/family programs at TVCC and in the community with community partners;
- Coordinating and supporting educational group activities for clients and families;
- Gathering information, developing resources and obtaining supplies for variety of activities;
- Supporting clients in personal care as needed;
- Client-related activities requiring supervision will be provided under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Therapeutic Recreation Therapist as per their respective college or provincial guidelines.
- Graduate from a recognized Communicative Disorder Assistant Program;
- Working knowledge of child language development and play;
- Experienced with individuals who are non-speaking and/or have physical disabilities;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal); organizational, interpersonal skills and effective problem-solving skills;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (e.g., Zoom);
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle are required;
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.