We are currently recruiting for part-time (30 hours per week) contract Speech Language Pathologist to fill a vacancy in Augmentative Communication Service (ACS). This position is expected to begin as soon as possible and end in December 2022. This position is the result of the leave of absence of a regular status employee. The designated office for this position is London and travel within Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, Chatham-Kent, Huron, Perth, Grey and Bruce counties to provide services to clients may be required.
- Assess clients with face-to-face communication needs and make recommendations and prescriptions which align with clients and families, preferences and needs;
- In collaboration with an ACS Occupational Therapist, assess the specialized access and mounting needs of clients;
- Develop a care plan with objectives and strategies in collaboration with clients, families, educators, therapists and others involved in the support of communication development;
- Support and contribute to the development of communication skills for clients requiring the use of adapted and / or alternative methods of communication as outlined in the care plan;
- Support and facilitate ongoing intervention provided by community therapists, educators and caregivers and build the community’s capacity to support the communication of persons who use AAC;
- Assist in identifying the need for training and participate in individual and group training opportunities;
- Assist in determining eligibility for ADP funding of communication equipment and authorizing eligible equipment following ADP guidelines;
- Clinically responsible to supervise support personnel, students and initial practice registrants within the guidelines of CASLPO.
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario;
- Completion of the CEP Foundations in AAC course is preferred;
- Experience working with children with physical and/or developmental disabilities;
- Experience with supporting augmentative communication;
- ADP individual authorizer status is required prior to, or upon starting the position;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an integrated team environment;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (i.e., Zoom)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required;
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR;
- French Language proficiency is considered an asset.