We are currently recruiting for a part time (30 hours per week) regular Physiotherapist in the Acute Paediatric Rehabilitation Service (APRS), in the Children’s Hospital of Western Ontario. This service is contracted from Children’s Hospital to TVCC to meet the acute rehabilitation needs of inpatients with a variety of conditions. The APRS team also supports several outpatient clinics for specific populations and can participate in research opportunities.
This Physiotherapist position will work with the Rheumatology and Haemophilia outpatient clinics providing in-person and virtual-care services. Inpatient services will be primarily focused on the clients with oncology service, however some coverage for all inpatient caseloads would be included in this role.
The successful candidate will also be required to work one 4-hour shift on a Saturday morning every 4-6 weeks.
This position is expected to begin in December 2021.
- Assessment and intervention of children with a variety of needs to support medical care and discharge from hospital;
- Provide education to caregivers and hospital staff;
- Assist with coordination of client follow-up upon discharge;
- Areas of intervention include splinting, ROM and joint mobilization, mobility and ambulation, chest clearance, breathing facilitation, activity tolerance, pain management, and developmental assessments.
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
- Experience in pediatrics is preferred;
- Experience with outpatients and virtual care would be an asset;
- A range of experience in neurological, orthopedic and respiratory areas and specifically with Rheumatology and Hemophilia would be an asset;
- Excellent communication, and ability to engage and influence others;
- Effective time management skills, including caseload prioritization and management;
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team setting;
- Competency with electronic communication and documentation;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (ex. Zoom);
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR;
- Ability to provide services in French would be an asset.