We are currently recruiting for a part time (22.5 hours per week) regular Physiotherapist in the Paediatric Chronic Pain Clinic which is part of the Acute Paediatric Rehabilitation Service (APRS), in the Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant and innovative team servicing a population with complex needs. It is part of a network of developing Paediatric Chronic Pain teams from across Ontario.
The successful candidate will also be required to work one 4 hour shift on a Saturday morning every 4-6 weeks.
• Assess and provide intervention for children and adolescents with chronic pain within a multidisciplinary team;
• Assist with the coordination of client service needs;
• Provide education to children and adolescents and their caregivers in an individual and potentially in a group format;
• Develop and implement discharge/follow up plans in collaboration with the family, pain team and medical/community providers;
• Provide education to community partners, school personnel and hospital staff;
• Consult and collaborate with health care professionals, students, families, policy makers and community organizations to advocate for services for children with chronic pain;
• Potentially participate in program evaluation and paediatric chronic pain research.
• Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
• Experience in pediatrics is preferred;
• A range of experience in neurological, orthopedic and respiratory areas would be an asset;
• Excellent communication, and ability to engage and influence others;
• Effective time management skills, including caseload prioritization and management;
• Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team setting;
• Competency with electronic communication and documentation;
• Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (ex. Zoom);
• Current certification in First Aid and CPR;
• Ability to provide services in French would be an asset.