We are currently recruiting for:
- A full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract Occupational Therapist in School Therapy Services. This position is expected to begin at the end of August 2022 and end in February 2023.
- A full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract Occupational Therapist in School Therapy Services. This position is expected to begin at the end of August 2022 and end in June 2023.
The designated office for these positions will be London. These positions are based on the school year and no work is available during school breaks, including July and August.
This exciting role provides therapy services to students in schools within Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford counties and involves working with educators, parents and fellow clinicians to support school participation.
• Provide school-based intervention that is consultative to an entire classroom/school or individualized for one client and provided in a direct/mediated/consultative approach
• Advise and provide education to school personnel, clients/families and others regarding accessibility, transfers, classroom fine motor skills, sensory skills and self-care activities; including making recommendations for assistance and equipment;
• Prepare and support children and families in the transition to school and throughout school life;
• Plan services as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes the family, other care providers, school board personnel, volunteers, staff from other agencies, and other TVCC staff;
• Occasional work contracted from the Southwest LHIN for in home and private school services. The intervention at the client's home may on rare occasions be in the evenings or on weekends; scheduled by the therapist in consultation with the family;
• Participate in ongoing program development.
• Supervision of students and support personnel may be required.
• Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario;
• Experience in pediatrics is preferred;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting;
• Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (ex. Zoom)
• Valid driver's licence and access to a vehicle are required;
• Current First Aid and CPR certification;
• Ability to provide services in French would be an asset.