Assistive Devices Program (ADP)
The Ontario Ministry of Health provides financial assistance to Ontario residents with long-term physical disabilities who need assistive devices to meet their needs, including communication.
If You Are Purchasing
ADP provides up to 75% (up to a maximum allowable amount) of the purchase price of ADP eligible face-to-face or written communication aids, depending on which ADP eligibility criteria you / your child meet. If you / your child receive any of the following supports, the remaining 25% up to the maximum allowable amount may also be covered:
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Ontario Works Program
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD)
If these additional funding sources do not apply to you / your family, then you are responsible for the remaining 25 % of the purchase price. Any amount that is beyond the Maximum allowable is the responsibility of the family.
For more information: Funding Facts (212kb)
If You Are Leasing
Some clients are eligible to lease equipment through ADP. Your ACS therapists will help you determine if you qualify for this option. In the case of a lease, ADP owns and maintains the equipment.
For more information: Assistive Devices Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Health
Last Updated ( Friday, 05 September 2008 )