We are currently recruiting for the following position(s):
We are seeking a full time (37.5 hours/week), regular Psychometrist for the ABA-based services and supports for children and youth with ASD. The successful candidate will work from the London office and regular travel will be required within Southwestern Ontario, including some overnight travel. This position is expected to begin in March 2014.
Under the clinical supervision of the Clinical Director, the Psychometrist will:
• Conduct regular Psychological assessments on children with ASD to assess cognitive, adaptive, behavioral or other developmental aspects for children being considered for eligibility into Intensive Behaviour Intervention and those receiving treatment in Autism Services
• Analyze test results and complete reports in a timely manner with high accuracy
• Share results with parents and caregivers and clinical team members in a caring and supportive fashion
• Masters degree in Psychology from a recognized university. We will also consider a Psychological Associate who is registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario for this position.
• A minimum of 2 years of supervised psychometric practice preferably in a clinical or outpatient setting or educational program
• Familiarity with the autism rating (CARS, DSM), adaptive (Vineland) and various cognitive measures (WPPSI-IV, Mullen Scales, SB5) is an asset
• Experience in testing children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Advanced knowledge of child development and the impact of autism on the development of behavioural, communication and social skills in children with autism
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Works well as part of multi-disciplinary team
• Flexible, self-motivated, mature consistent approach
• Good computer skills; familiar with the MS Office Suite 2010 package of programs, especially Word and Excel
• Possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle
• Current certification in First Aid and CPR
• Proficiency in the French language would be considered an asset
Application deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
Please click on How to Apply for application instructions.
Last Updated ( Monday, 14 April 2014 )